Terms & Conditions
- Delivery dates can be confirmed but time of delivery may vary, as conditions like traffic and weather influences delivery time. We will inform each client in the event of any delay on the day of delivery.
Delivery in the following areas are available:
Delivery can be arrange @ AA Rates
Collection by client
Kempton Park - Collection @ Shop 118 Monument Road, Kempton Park
Pretoria - Meadowview no1, 839 Plaston Street, Faerie Gelen
- All cakes are made from scratch and no premixes is used. Products may contain allergens like nuts, milk, wheat etc.
- In order to ensure the BEST quality and standard of work we are only able to take on a limited number of celebration and wedding cakes per week. We therefore kindly request that if you are interested in accepting our quote that you place your order as soon as possible to avoid the disappointment of finding we are unable to process your request due to our bakers being fully occupied.
- We require at least 72 hour notice for standard orders (i.e. items you can find on our website). Custom-designed cake orders require a minimum of one week’s lead time as well as a 50% deposit (payable on the date of order as per invoice).
- Custom cake designs may vary from the requested design, due to the fact that we don’t copy other baker’s exact work. We can assure you that the cakes will be remarkable and if there is any specifications that you need on the cakes please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Cakes are heat sensitive, please keep the cake out of direct sunlight and do not leave in a hot car (even in winter days).
- If collected, please ensue that the cake is placed on a flat surface like the foot end of the passenger seat or in the boot. Ensure the aircon is turned on. Please do not put the cake on the back seat.
- We don’t take responsibility for any damages to the products after delivery/collection.
- All products should be stored in a cool, dry place before the function and any leftovers can be stored in airtight containers to ensure freshness. Can last up to 3 days after the function.
- Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required in order to confirm your order. If this deposit is not received at least 4 days prior to your collection date your order will not be processed.
- The outstanding balance is payable upon collection and no cake will be released without full payment having been received.
- If you wish to have alterations that affect the cost after the quote has been confirmed the balance will be adjusted accordingly
- All card transactions will be acquired for Cake Aways by Maroné via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Cancellation Policy and Refunds
- As mentioned above, the 50% deposit we require (as confirmation of the order) is non-refundable. If (at the discretion of management) under circumstances that are out of our control, a refund needs to be given, that refund will be in the form of in-store credit that can be used at any time (without an expiration date).
- In the case of a complaint, a cash refund will not be provided. Cake Aways by Maroné undertakes to investigate each matter and where necessary provide a replacement cake or in-store voucher.
- Cancellation of your order needs to be noted in writing via email form at least 4 days prior to collection date.
- Cake Aways by Maroné shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
- Customer details will be stored by Cake Aways by Maroné separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Other General Terms and Conditions
- Cake Aways by Maroné takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Cake Aways by Maroné chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
- Cake Aways by Maroné may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- This website is run by owner Maroné Homan a sole trader based in South Africa trading as Cake Aways by Maroné and with registration number 2020/183963/07.
- Cake Aways by Maroné is based in 73 Stegman Street, Terenure, Kempton Park. 1619
- Please contact Maroné on 0823623198 or email@example.com for more information or queries.